Summary: In this tutorial, we intend to elaborate how to enable Final Cut Pro (FCP 6/FCP7/FCPX/FCE) to work with AVCHD 1080 50p/60p MTS clips taken by a Sony HDR-CX730.
Sony HDR-CX730 is a Full HD camcorder with exceptional image quality and creative control with Record Full HD on memory card, 10x optical zoom/26mm wide angle, 24.1MP photo, 7.5cm/3" LCD. It is a low-end camera that is affordable for us to record our happy moment in our life.
Sony CX730 records vivid videos with full HD details and colors in AVCHD format at up to 1920x1080 50/60p resolution, and just because of this, new users always meet the problem with importing Sony HDR-CX730 50/60p mts footages to Final Cut for editing. Final Cut software such as FCP 6/7, FCP X and FCE on Mac doesn't supports AVCHD well, so it takes much time to render.
Well, to edit Sony CX730 50/60p AVCHD videos in Apple Final Cut, you need to convert 1080 50/60P AVCHD MTS to 1080 25P MOV for FCP, FCP X and FCE. To do the job, Pavtube AVCHD MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac is a good tool for you. It can perfectly convert AVCHD to MOV for FCP, FCP X and FCE editing with high video quality. Below is a brief guide for you.
1. Download this AVCHD to Final Cut Converter, it's an professional AVCHD converter on Mac which can convert Sony HDR-CX730 AVCHD files to different formats.
2. Install and launch Sony AVCHD Converter for Mac. Add the 1080 50/60p footages from Sony CX730 to the converter.
3. Click "Format" bar to choose output format.
Click "Format" bar to choose output format.
For FCP 6/7, FCP X users, you can choose "Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)";
For FCE users, you can choose "iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC)";
4. If you want to customize the output parameters, you can click settings button. Adjust the resolution and others as you need.
5. Click convert button to start the Sony HDR-CX730 AVCHD 1080 50p/60p MTS to ProRes 422 MOV conversion.
With Pavtube MTS/M2TS converter for Mac, you can easily convert Sony HDR-CX730 AVCHD files to Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Express for editing with Prores 422 codec MOV format. After converting, you can import videos to Final Cut for editing as you want.
Learn more Beginners' Guide Related on Sony Column:
Sony HDR-PJ710V/PJ580V/PJ760V to Avid MC
Make Sony HDR-SR1 MTS footages editable in FCE
Get Sony XR500V into Adobe Premiere on Mac
Transcode Sony CX550V on Windows PC
Load/Transfer Sony FS100 MTS files to FCP
Sony HDR-PJ790V/PJ780 MTS to Avid Converter
Import Sony HDR-PJ780 1080 50/60p AVCHD to iMovie/FCE