Summary: Just read this article you will know the best way to import Sony HDR-PJ790V/PJ780 AVCHD to Avid MC 6 with DNxHD format.
Recently Sony announced their latest range of Handycam Full HD digital cameras. In this video review you will be introduced to one of the highlights – this is Sony HDR-PJ780 and PJ790V. The unique to Sony balanced optical Steady Shot is present on board. The powerful image stabilizer inside makes the footage and the transitions steady and smooth. Share your memories virtually anywhere using the PJ790V/PJ780 Handycam camcorder's built-in, high-contrast projector.They can both record 1920×1080 Full HD 24p/60p AVCHD shootings.
Native AVCHD file support is the first thing I expected for the new Avid Media Composer. Many Sony PJ790V/PJ780 users we find that they has the confusion how to import Sony PJ790V/PJ780 MTS files to Avid MC 6. Experience the new Sony PJ790V/PJ780 Digital Camcorder and after recording some 1080 60p AVCHD footage, we met the importing problems as the Avid 6 can't import Sony PJ790V/PJ780 recorded 1080 50/60P AVCHD video, the frame rate is so high and the AVCHD codec is not friendly to Avid MC 6 for editing. On Avid official website, it recommends DNxHD or XDCAM codec for editing, and DNxHD codec is the first choice. So, you'd better transcode HDR-PJ790V/PJ780 AVCHD footages to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer 6 first.
What you need:
Pavtube MTS/M2TS converter for Mac, which is the tool that can deal nearly all kinds of 1080p, 1080i, 720p MTS, M2TS videos. It can convert Sony PJ790V/PJ780 MTS files natively for Avid Media Composer 6 on Mac, that is to convert PJ790V/PJ780 MTS video to DNXHD codec .mov format, and then you can edit Sony PJ790V/PJ780 MTS files natively in Avid MC 6. Besides, with this MTS Convert program, you can transcode MTS to an editable format like ProRes for FCP, AIC for iMovie/FCE, MOV for Adobe Premiere.
Steps to transcode Sony PJ790V/PJ780 AVCHD to DNxHD for Avid.
1. Download the best Sony AVCHD MTS Converter for Mac, follow the prompts to install the program. Run this program. Click "Add" to load Sony PJ790V/PJ780 MTS video files or directly drag the files into file list.
2. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. For natively editing in Avid, you are recommended to choose Avid Media Composer -> DNxHD (*.mov), this format is best for Avid Media Composer native editing.
3. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
4. Click "Convert" to start to convert Sony AVCHD to Avid DNxHD codec for natively editing.
Now you may have known the easy way to convert Sony PJ790V/PJ780 MTS to AMC, after conversion, import the converted video files to Avid, then you can edit it smoothly without problems.
1. If you need to know more conversion application on MTS video, such as Sony MTS to FCP, you can view Pavtube MTS column which has so many solutions.
2. If you want to watch AVCHD recording MTS videos on your widescreen TV through a regular DVD player, first you need to burn recording MTS to DVD.
Import Sony FS700 1080 50p/60p AVCHD to Avid Media Composer
Transcode Panasonic AVCHD MTS to Avid Media Composer DNxHD MOV
Import Sony NEX-VG20 AVCHD to FCP 7/X
Make Sony HDR-SR1 MTS footages editable in FCE
Import Sony NEX-5N/NEX-7/A57/A65/A77 1080p AVCHD to iMovie
Convert Sony Handycam AVCHD video to MP4
Monday, May 20 2013